Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Ready to Leave

I hate living in Ohio because none of our fucking issues pass (come on, people, can we really be that dumb?!). That, and all my friends are leaving.

Tonight is the 2nd four-year-friend to leave. Elaine moved to Denver in September, and Spencer moves to Rochester in 7 hours. He mentioned that he's only got a couple of people whom he's been friends with over the entire four years of college, and I realized that is also the case with me. Spencer was a four-year-friend. Elaine was another. A lot of the other ones came late or left early.

I should explain that, in the context of the conversation, a four-year-friend was someone who was more than an acquaintance for the entire four years. Someone you could actually call any time and it wouldn't be akward.

It's weird to have few (or none? I haven't really taken inventory) friends left who've lasted the duration of my college career.

1 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger James said...

Wait, you've only been in college four years??? Anyway, my closest friends were LONG gone before I finally got away from college. It gave the beginning of my college career and the end of it a totally different feel. And that's not necessarily a bad thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home