Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Not Bored, Just Unmotivated

I used to say I loved finals week, because you only have to be somewhere 6 hours out of the whole week. (My TA job, conveniently, never required work during finals week). But now I realize it's really a curse. I need structure, or my life goes to hell.

I haven't gone running all week, and the only reason I left my apartment at all today was to go to Kroger. That sounds okay, except that I've been putting off buying groceries for days now, living on granola bars and oatmeal. When I don't have any real deadlines, I just lose motivation to take care of the stuff that needs to be done.

I have plenty I could be doing: packing for the move, studying for my test tomorrow, renewing my magazine subscription, establishing a forwarding address with the post office, calling to get my prescription refilled, filling out my passport renewal, returning books to the library, etc. And I've had 3 days (minus 2 hours for a test) to do all this, but all I've done is read blogs and the occasional book.

Aa even made me leave the 2nd Harry Potter in Kentucky so I could get stuff done this week. What did I do without my book? I read a different one (Slaughterhouse Five).

It's been threatening to rain all day. If it is indeed raining come 8:00, I'll go running. If not, then this will continue. Someday I will be old and forced into retirement, and then I will go jump off a building.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home