Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Recsports

Ohio State Recsports does some good things. They coordinate field/practice space for clubs requiring such things. The Ski/Board Team, or Alpine Ski Club, technically, doesn't use field or practice space, as we practice at a resort unaffiliated with the University. Recsports, therefore, cuts us a check every year, and that's about it.

In order to get this check, however, we need to acquire a certain number of "points" throughout the year. (Actually, a certain number of points each quarter.) These points can be earned by: 1) going to meetings. That's it.

This isn't such a big deal, really, except that there are a lot of them and they are pointless. Previous meeting topics include Diversity Awareness, Alcohol Awareness, and Sexual Awareness. The thing is, they take money from their own limited budget to pay people to train us in these things. Money that could, instead, be given to the clubs to spend on useful things, like, oh, I don't know, national dues, or competition entry fees, or new equipment.

Being el presidente, I have to coordinate people to go to these things, thus making me the bitchy leader for enforcing the will of the University. Or, I can go to them myself, which is always a thrilling experience.

I'm just pissy because I have to go to Resume and Interview Tips tonight, from 6:00 to 7:00. I wouldn't even care, except that I went to the exact same meeting last year. I already have a resume, and the only interview I ever had was successful (meaning I got the position). What a waste of an hour. Plus travel time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home