Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Don't Run (alone) on the Bike Path

Scariest run ever:

So to enjoy the 70ยบ weather, I decided to go for a run. I was thoroughly enjoying myself, running along the bike path somewhere south of 3rd Avenue, when I saw this guy. I believe it was the I-670 overpass. He was up on the slanty part, under the bridge, right near the top. I saw him see me, and then I saw him move into the bushes where he would be more camouflaged. I could see him in there (because I knew where to look), but I couldn't see what he was doing. Why was he hiding in the bushes? I was sure I was going to get shot or raped -- I kept imagining myself getting picked off on a secluded path underneath a highway, never to be seen again.

I ran faster to get away from him, and I kept looking over my shoulder for about the next 10 minutes. Turns out the next closest place to get off the bike path is Long Street, so I had to go all the way down there (much farther than I had planned on going) before I could get off the path and come home up Neil. I called the police when I got home, but he was probably gone by then, since I'm a slow runner.

On a more cheery note, I ran past the new park they're building on Long Street by the river, and it looks nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home