Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Buy Nothing Christmas

I know it's not really holiday time (unless you count St. Patrick's Day), but I'm still going to link to this: Buy Nothing Christmas. I do enjoy getting gifts, but really, I only appreciate about 50%. I'm not trying to sound ungrateful; it's just that I didn't need a lot of the stuff in the first place, and it just clutters up my apartment.

Gifting should be optional, not mandatory. If you can think of a clever, unique gift that I would really enjoy, then I will be more than happy to have it. If not, I'd rather not have it taking up the space in my room. No one should feel obligated to spend money he might not have anyway to buy Christmas gifts.

In that vein, in the future I think I will avoid giving gifts just to give them, although I doubt I will cut out gift-giving altogether, as sometimes I see something that would be just perfect for someone. If you don't get a gift from me next Christmas, I apologize?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home